Re: [DL] A question, and some waffling

 <huckster phantom finger targeting question/example snipped>

I would be inclined to say no he cannot change targets just
because he got a good hand.  However as Marshal I would be inclined
to give him some nice extra effect (like picking up with gun still
in it's holster, including the guy?).

Otherwise would it not be similar to casting sould blast at a pleb
and because you got a full house declaring that it was cast
at his boss instead?

>  Same kind of thing with Shadow Walk - if he gets a better hand than he
>  expected, can he go to a more distant shadow he can see, or does he
>  have to pick his destination before he sets off?

Depends on the mindset of the huckster when he cast the hex.  If say
he is trying to get to a shadow in order to get the drop on someone,
as long as he got the minimum hand required to get him the distance
to that shadow he would get there.  If on the other hand he casts the
hex while wanting to get as far away as possible, then I would allow
him to travel to a shadow further on than he might initially have
expected to reach, as long as it was still in his line of sight.

<snippage of session story>
>  I sure wasn't expecting that to happen...

You never do, the last session I ran just about ended up being one
long combat session as two PC's (who had not met previously) decided
to fight.  It started as a laugh between players, however the
harrowed guy failed his rage check and the martial artist refused to
back down.  The rest of the posse got on with the plot and ended up
getting massacred as there wasn't enough of them to deal with the
threat.  The fight only ended because the rest of the posse ended up
setting the place on fire and so everyone had to evacuate
immediately.

Then there is the guy who decided to sneak up behind Grimme during
his Sunday Sermon, whilst holding a gattling rifle...

Roy
All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.