[DL] Devil's Tower Trilogy (Spoiler Request)

Hey ListServers,

I am a marshall who is trying to get a campaign set up using the great
maze. I keep reading bits and pieces about "the bigger story" and was
wondering what that's all about and how does the Devil's tower books tie
into that? I don't own the quick and the dead (yeah yeah, I know I'm behind
the times :) so I don't have all the info.

A run down on what goes on would be appreciated, until I can get the budget
back up to buy q&d. Also, the devils tower trilogy - is that a single book?

cheers,
neko