Re: [DL] Mad Scientists

I don't think I have any spoiler-type things in here, but I'll respect the spoiler space of the previous poster . . .

>I disagree with this personally.   I mean they ARE dealing with demons, let's
>not forget.    Demons wouldn't tend to 'lighten up' on the poor schmoe just
>because the gadget wasn't of one variety or another.     They don't take it
>easy on Hucksters when they screw the pooch on a roll..... IMH... they
>wouldn't...and don't in my campaign..... give the Mad Scientists a break
>either.    As Marshall, I feel, like I've said before, when ya rolss them
>bones... ya takes ya chances.

You know, that's a really good point. Even if you're doing something simple with a trick (not even a full-fledged hex), such as lighting a cigar, there's the potential to grab the big brother of the demon you
-meant- to call. It's all in the cards-- you know eventually yours is going to come up, whether it's when you're trying to steamroll over an entire posse of undead or trying to light your cigar. One is just a little less glorious than the other. I think most people who play Hucksters beyond the charred remains (or twisted and broken psyche) of the first one have to learn this lesson. I certainly did. (Kinda like the time I perfectly parked my velocipede using the Legend chip, and died approximately two minutes later because I botched a strength roll and fell underneath a train. *grin* That will do wonders to your pride.)

I will say this. If a Marshal is going to go a little easy on the MS when it comes to doing simple things they might want to extend the same courtesy to any hucksters in the group-- double-standards seldom go over very well, particularly when they're dealing with the same devils.

==
Melissa

http://www.angelfire.com/weird/savannah/index.html
--------
Chaos, panic, and disorder-- my work here is done.

Get your own LocalGenius.com email addresses.  It's Fun!  It's Free!
Go to---> http://www.localgenius.com