RE: [DL] Re: DL D20

<snip>
> Here's the base idea behind DL D20: Make it as accessible to
> folks who are only familiar with the D&D 3E or Star Wars D20
<snip>
> The goal is to preserve as much of the setting and feel,
> while not straying
> too far from what's already "standard fare" for these folks.

In defense of the concept let me say that I haven't played DL for a
considerable time (ever since I ran an abortive campaign a year or so ago)
for precisely this reason. We have an excellent GM (see
http://www.missouri.edu/~ccbanzai/cthulhu/ for a partial account  of Beyond
the Mountains of Madness) who for personal reasons, doesn't like to play.

At various points in time we've concluded campaigns (or they've died) and
when we look at what we want to play next, some suggestions (such as DL or
ST:TNG) are dismissed because "I don't know the rules and don't have time to
learn them" (he's in his residency right now so he doesn't have time to
learn).

However, he's been a long time AD&D fan and did take the time to learn the
new D&D3ed rules.  So a D20 DL game would be more accessible to him and
would introduce him to the setting we all know and love.

A Good Thing(tm) in my mind.

Jim H.