Re: [DL] Dragons

> My friend wanted to be stubborn and is insisting upon playing a Texas
Ranger
> raised by dragons...I don't agree with it, but he wants the ability to fly
> and cast magic...i know it's Marshall's opinion...

Well, let him create the Texas Ranger part, and tell him you will need his
caracter to work out the specifics he wants.

Then, make sure he has an Arcane Background and required skills to cast
spells. Find in Hucksters & Hexes, the hex Phantom Fingers. He has a
specialized version of it, which allows not to move other items, but himself
only, with two pairs instead of three of a kind:

*Fly*
Trait: Spirit
Hand: Two pairs
Speed: 2, 1 if throwing oneself in the air from at least 5 meters high while
casting
Duration: 1 wind/round
Range: Self

The moving speed while flying is ... let's say half the pace, and he can add
half the pace again for each hand over the required hand. If he fails while
throwing himself from a building, he falls :-))

Or, you could give him the spell as a tempest ability for 5 creation points,
and consider the moving speed is 1/2, 1x, 2x or 4x his pace depending on the
chip used to activate the ability (again, in H&H).

For the dragon part, give him a Madness(raised by dragons) _for free_ (or 5
points hinderance):

He is sure he was raised by dragons. Nobody will trust him after he tells
his tales.
He gets -2 to any persuasion, bluff, tale telling, leadership or overawe
skill rolls. Opponents get +2 to ridicule him or bluff him (he is ready to
believe anything). Displaying his ability may reduce the -2 to 0 for a week
for people who saw him. It may also get some people sure he is an evil
huckster (which he is).

It /could/ be fun, if played correctly.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name