Re: [DL] Dragons

In a message dated 1/31/01 9:36:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oleingva@ifi.ntnu.no writes:

> My friend wanted to be stubborn and is insisting upon playing a Texas
Ranger
> raised by dragons...I don't agree with it, but he wants the ability to fly
> and cast magic...i know it's Marshall's opinion...

Well you have gotten a number of answers so far.  A few of which have been
creative enough to ALMOST allow the player to have what he wanted.  My
problem with the "raised by dragons allows him to fly mentality" is this....
What part of his human anatomy allows him to fly?  Assuming the dragons are
Reckoner created  they would have only been around for around 15 years or so
and they sure as hell would NEVER have been friendly.  But all that aside,
lets assume for just a minute there were two rebellious ones that were, I
repeat my earlier question.

Magic?  Sure buy an AB.  No big one.  A hex that levitates a person isn't
necessarily a bad idea either so long as you look it over.  Rember that most
people don't know the difference in a good hexsliger and an evil black
magician.  Its all hocus pocus to them (Insert evil Marshal grin here).  Thus
lynch mobs after he starts flying might not be a bad idea.

My concern is the same as previous commentors.  I think you friend is trying
to get something more than what he should be able to.  My suggestion is to
say something to the effect of, "That power level isn't something suitable
for the campaign I am running.  It would tend to overpower the other PC's in
the game which could interfere with their ability to have fun.  As a Marshal,
it is my responsibility to have a fun and FAIR game for all my players.  If
you would like to discuss some possible alternatives I would be willing to
listen.  (Inster List suggestions here.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

Walter