Re: [DL] Dragons

> My friend wanted to be stubborn and is insisting upon playing a Texas
Ranger
> raised by dragons...I don't agree with it, but he wants the ability to fly
> and cast magic...i know it's Marshall's opinion...

..........my brain just stopped. Ah, there it goes again!

What is this fellow thinking?!? Of course he can have the ability to cast
magic. He just needs to have an Arcane Background. It seems to me that this
is a player trying to get something for free, and 'being raised by dragons'
is a plausible explaination (it is not).

Reminds me about the time one of my players (in D&D) wanted to search a
liberary for a particular spell, but he wouldn't tell me exactly _what_
spell before I told him if he found it or not....

>     Well, he isn't getting the magic stuff, but the ability to fly is
funny,
> i figured it would be cost in Wind, and a high one. the higher he goes in
the
> air , the more wind is lost....Overall I feel dragons that fly aren't in
the
> weird west as i see it but he is stubborn like  i said

I'm with the loco-for-free way. Heck, let him buy it as an edge, even. Tell
him that everyone is after learning his secrets, so he must use his powers
sparingly.

Or, you could just ask, "Who is gamemaster, you, or me?" That always work
out well. Whatever you do, give him NOTHING for free. The only thing he can
have for free, is bullets - shot at his character, that is.

>     I don't know...his philosophy on flying is something like, "Jumping
and
> missing the ground"...

My reply to this is, "Show me". If he can, then it is possible for his
character as well.

Marshal Ole I. Stene
--
oleingva@ifi.ntnu - ICQ #67957926

             -Mors Principium Est-

There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry
      - George Armstrong Custer