RE: [DL] Weight of firearms

I don't have any stats on the actual weapons you asked about, but I can give
you some guidelines based on modern firearms:

The average current revolver weights about 3-4 lbs, empty.  5 Lbs would be a
good weight for loaded Peacemakers, since the metals used back then were
heavier.

Gatling pistols should probably weight no less than 8 lbs loaded.  A Desert
Eagle .44 Magnum Semi-Auto weight 5 lbs empty, but add 6-7 rounds of .44
Mag, and you are now talking about 6-7 lbs.

DB Shotguns weight 6-7 lbs.  Also, Shotguns are long, with barrel lengths of
upto 30", making the weapon 3-4' long.

Sawed-Off Shotguns would be about 4-5 lbs.

Rifles can vary with small calibers being 5  lbs, and the BIG ones (Sharps
or muzzle loaders) being close 12-15 lbs.  The Browning Automatic Rifle fow
WWI was 17 Lbs loaded.  My current Winchester Lever Action is light, in the
6 lbs range, but older models had longer barrels, and were heavier, probably
closer to 7-8 Lbs.  This would be a good generic weight for the average
rifle.

Also, keep in mind that its the Ammo that can really add to the weight of
the weapon.  Remember, they use lead for bullets.  A box of 50 rounds weight
as much, if not more than the handgun.  Shotgun shells are even more.

Your posse member below is probably very overloaded when you add up the
Ammo, and the all the leather gear to carry them.

To Recap....

Tiny Handguns - 2 lbs
Small Handguns - 3 lbs
Large Handguns - 5 lbs