Re: [DL] Bigger dice or more of them?

>The number of dice only
>matter for trait checks, so for skills it would seem that bigger dice
>would be better. What's the ratio of trait-to-skill checks, generally
>speaking?

There are a few traits with almost no skills (Quickness, strength, vigor).
If I were you I would go for 3d10 or 5d8 (or 9d4 :-) )in these traits and
1d12 in the other traits (in the case of an 18 stat from CoC).

You may also want to consider 3d10 or 5d8 for cognition, as I belive there
are a lot of trait rolls for this trait.

Another thing to consider is that it costs onlo 2 bounty points to raise a
trait from coordination 1 to 2, so if it is going to be a long campaign you
may want to go for the bigger dice after all.

chears,

Mga