Re: [DL] Doomtown book - get it or not?

>>However, I am wondering how much of the Doomtown storyline and characters
>>will be made part of the Weird West line? The Collegium and the Black Circle
>>are two books so far. Any guesses on what could be next?

AFAIK the Doomtown storyline was officially vetted by PEG during the whole of
its then arc. Everything that happened in the CCG happened in the RPG too,
and IMO I think the story was very good.

Of course, DToB doesn't give you the WHOLE story, as it came out when the CCG
was quite new, but it gives you enough of an idea of what happened and enough
profiles of major players in the factions to make it a worthwhile buy.

As far as what's "next," that all depends on whether or not someone decides
to buy the rights for the game. AEG has decided to stop publishing it...a
real shame, as Patrick [Kapera] was doing a really good job too.

In fact, today is the first day that "Do Unto Others" (the final set) is
available, and it do look spiffy.

I'm not going to be a crier for AEG, because IMnsHO, they REALLY dropped the
ball with promoting Doomtown, but even jaded little me has to admit that the
final set is a pretty cool deal. Holder box with one of every card from the
"Do Unto Others" set and a coupon for a free
box-of-your-choice-from-the-ones-listed.

As an afterthought, most of the other "factions" in Doomtown already have
books out, or are covered elsewhere.

LawDogs [book of the same name]
BlackJacks [sortakinda in Law Dogs as well]
Collegium [Collegium]
Whateley's [the forthcoming Black Circle, City o'Gloom and Ghost Busters]
Sioux [Ghost Dancers]
Maze Rats [erm...this one doesn't. <chant> ShanFan! ShanFan! ShanFan!
</chant>]
Texas Rangers [think there's a Rangers book on the horizon]
Agency [Agency: Men in Black Dusters]
Flock [Doomtown or Bust is the only place this load of loonies is detailed]
Lost Angels [The Great Maze or Lost Angels]

Hope that helped. :-)

--Jacques (Chris' friend)