RE: [DL] Fightin': Rifle

>	Fightin': rifle
>	Associated Trait: Nimbleness
>	Despite poison gas, land ironclads and Gatling guns, victory on the
>battlefield is determined by brutal melee. After leaving the army, veterans
>find this Aptitude handy when their reloading time suddenly vanishes.
>Fightin': rifle includes using rifle butts, fixed bayonets, and both in
>tandem, which allows soldiers to shatter an opponent's skull and insert a
>bayonet into their groin simultaneously. As they say, if the left doesn't
>get you....

>Weapon                 Defensive Bonus         Damage                 Price
>Bayonet (Fixed)		   +3                  STR+2d6
$5
>Rifle Butt                +1                  STR+2d6

Thank you kind Sir. That was exactly what I was lookin' for.

>I'd reduce a target's Defensive Bonus or Dodge roll result by -3 if
>they're in hand-to-hand with someone using fightin': rifle, owing to the
>fact they just can't be sure which end of the weapon they'll be struck
with.
>Please, everyone, consider this a *suggestion* and not a Holy Writ Change
>to the DL Rules. This idea may just be the cough syrup talking;-), and in
>any event I don't want my Inbox filling up with hate mail like last time.

Actually, I believe that in the Collegiums book, under the Spring-Bayonet,
it is basically the same, only your opponent gets a -2 to his Defensive
Bonus.
I had just knew that I'd seen those rules somewhere on the web and have been
searching for the past few days with no luck.

Thanks again.