RE: [DL] Care and Feeding of a Marshall

Hi cowboys,

Marguerite Frey wrote:
>And what about the MARSHALL having fun?  I don't buy
>the "it's your job to entertain the players" argument
>because it's so one-sided.  If you wanted to just
>entertain a group of players then narrate a story,
>don't roll dice and risk anything going a way you
>don't want it to.

I have my fun seeing the players doing the unexpected,
adding flavors to MY story that I never would have thought
of myself.

>Players dislike "Monty Hall" GM's for
>the same reason; nothing you're handed every tastes as
>sweet as something you've earned.

When I said "Entertaining the players" I did not talk about
making every day a Christmas. I talked about having players
sit on the edge of the chair. They are only going to do that
if they care about their character. That will not happen if
PC dead is happening all the time.

Sven