[DL] Questions from a new Marshal

I'll be running my first Deadlands game this coming
Monday, and I have a few questions for the more
experienced list members.

1) How does one get knocked down in combat?

2) I'll have seven players.  Do I still just draw 3
fate chips at the beginning of each session, or does
it matter that much?

3) Everyone who has a copy of the rules (about half
the posse) has First Edition.  I've got most of the
other books including Hexarcana.  Should I just stick
with First Edition?  Or do the changes in later books
like Law Dogs, 1877, and Hexarcana make that much
difference?

4) I've seen the High Noon miniatures rules mentioned,
but never run across them.  Is there a place I can
download a copy?  Should I buy a copy of the Great
Rail Wars?  Or is all of this unnecessary?  Given my
group's past tendencies, it might be fun to lay out
large combats on occaison.

5) Any other tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

JT White