Re: [DL] Questions from a new Marshal

In a message dated 5/9/01 8:22:24 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jtwhite4@yahoo.com writes:

<< 1) How does one get knocked down in combat?

I generally assume if a player fails a stun check, they're knocked down.
When they recover from the stun they're back on their feet.

 2) I'll have seven players.  Do I still just draw 3
 fate chips at the beginning of each session, or does
 it matter that much?

Just three, remember that everytime one of them spends a red to add to
a roll you get to draw a chip.  With 7 players you should get plenty of
chips this way.

 3) Everyone who has a copy of the rules (about half
 the posse) has First Edition.  I've got most of the
 other books including Hexarcana.  Should I just stick
 with First Edition?  Or do the changes in later books
 like Law Dogs, 1877, and Hexarcana make that much
 difference?

I would use the rules your more comfortable with, if you don't
have the 1st edition book yourself then you should use 2nd ed.

 4) I've seen the High Noon miniatures rules mentioned,
 but never run across them.  Is there a place I can
 download a copy?  Should I buy a copy of the Great
 Rail Wars?  Or is all of this unnecessary?  Given my
 group's past tendencies, it might be fun to lay out
 large combats on occaison.

Great rail wars is unecessary for playing Deadlands, it's a game
all on its own.  The original version does have rules for converting
a charecter to it, but I would only use it for deadlands in combats
involving small armies.