Re: [DL] The old Powergamer question

In a message dated 5/20/01 7:42:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Wecarmich@aol.com writes:

> In a game revolving around heroism, how did he convince you to let him play
>  the character with a history such as what you mentioned.  This guys should
>  have had the rangers or Marshalls after him at the very least.  Granted
the
>  faked death might slow them down, but would it really stop them in the
world

>  we know as Deadlands?

Because he is an experience roleplayer, and I did expect him to be
responsible about the matter. He wanted to play the character, and I try to
be Liberal about character creation- if it's what you really want to play,
play it- As long as it fits the theme. you can play a hideously deformed mad
scientist with a hunchback, who thinks that Rats and mice talk to him, as
long as the rats tell him to do good things. In the same respect, I was
willing to assume that his character was smart enough to run away, fast and
far, for long enough for this One act of violence (even though it was
frickin' Huge) to blow over from the public mind.

Uriah, the crazy christian