Re: [DL] combat system

Morning,

It's funny, but the combat system is one of the things I absolutely love
about the Deadlands game. It's a welcome refresher after years of the
disappointing Ars Magica Combat rules.

What is slowing our posse down are the few players that don't understand
the system well. These two (or three) need it explained to them for every
slug they fire. After a few blazin' gun fights I've got the system down pat.

My suggestion to our Marshal was to give each player 5 to 10 seconds per
action to resolve and announce their dice rolls. If it takes anyone longer,
that player losses his action on account of indecisiveness. This provides
the impetus for those slow rule learners. I don't know if he'll implement it?

I've got a hand cheat-sheet that someone mailed me that also helps. If
you're interested send me a private email and I'll fire it your way.

matt