Re: [[DL] The old Powergamer question]

> People who fudge rolls arent powergamers, theyre
> called cheats.
>
> Powergamers are people who push the limits of the
> system.

I agree . [in Cliff Klavin nasal voice] what you got here is your classic
Genus Munchkin, most likely ofda " True Munchkin" species. Characterized by
da drive to satisfy real-world desires within da context of da game world.
You see da Powergamer (M. avatari) seeks wish fulfillment desires by
creating da most efficient character possible within da rules. Dere is much
confusion of this species with M. munchkin, as the two have very similiar
coloration. But this appears to be the work of da' True Munchkin. Or M.
munchkin. Dey seeks wish fulfillment by creating superhuman characters that
are undefeatable in any endeavor. Often confused with the Powergamer;
however, da Munchkin seeks satisfaction more from da characters' actual
accomplishments rather dan just deir theoretical perfection, you see.
--------------

Ok here is what I do with cheaters and powergamers (when you really need the
extra player or for whatever reason don't want to kick him out of the game).
I talk to the rest of my players. I tell them that I think so&so is a cheat,
that keeping an eye on him has become distacting and tiresome for me, and
now it's their job. I warn them that if I think he is cheating again, I will
cheat back. My villians will not die. Abominations will develop all new
immunities that they didn't have two cards ago. And target numbers will soar
for everyone. But, if THEY keep and eye on him and keep him honest I will
keep the extra heapin' o' Hell off their heels and throw them a fate chip
whenever they turn him in.

Cheyenne

www.geocities.com/medmenham/index.html       -The Art of Cheyenne Wright

Gamer Taxonomy abtained from
http://www.io.com/~angilas/taxonomy.html
Original system developed by Erol K. Bayburt
Revised and expanded by Bryant Berggren

A Mind is like a Book. I'd rather have a dirty one,
than an empty one.   - Me