Re: [DL] the problems Manitou face (bigger spoiler)

> the Manitou/Reckoners feed off fear and their power is
> derived from fear, yet they do all these things that
> kill people. when you kill someone then the fear that
> they are generating stops, so why would the Reckoners
> and by default the Manitou be trying to make the world
> more deadly?
> wouldn't they want it to SEEM more deadly?
> if your posse are inadvertantly raising the fear level
> (as my group has done from time to time) wouldn't the
> manitou want to keep them alive so that they can
> generate more fear?

Just feeding is not the *Ultimate* goal.

They are trying to break through into this world from wherever it is they
are. The more we are afraid, the stronger thier influence is. The more
control they have in this world.

More often that not, every killing serves some purpose for them. Their main
targets are heroes (or the one-day  grandparents of one-day heroes) .
Remember, the Reckoners know who is who. They've already been though it all
and got their asses kicked. But they know who beat them the first time
around and figured out how to get another shot. Stone came back from the
future with something more dangerous than an autopistol. Stone (and in some
way everyother abomination the Big R's put out there) has a gun belt loaded
with bullets. And every bullet has a name on it. Every name belongs to some
cowpoke that will screw-up a Reckoner plot somewhere. And now Stone and the
rest are going down the list and taking them out. They are changing the
events of the future by taking out the people that stood in the way. untill
finaly... HELL ON EARTH

> likewise, if a mad scientist creates a gadget that
> actually helps the manitou, wouldn't it have NO
> reliability check (until it no longer served the
> manitous' purpose)?

The reliability check could represent the ultimate *lack* of control the
Reckoners have. As the fear levels rises they can influence more, but they
can't break all the laws of physics *all* the time. Things must give. And
most likely I would rather it be the things that are being used against me,
if I were them

Cheyenne

www.geocities.com/medmenham/index.html       -The Art of Cheyenne Wright
A Mind is like a Book. I'd rather have a dirty one,
than an empty one.   - Me