Re: [DL] A few simple question

> I am slowly coming out of lurking, I've for once something to say. Finally
> I have gotten my group to lay away the nasty old D&D books in favor for
> Deadlands :), and I'll be the marshal. MUHAHAHAHAHA (they'll probably
> regret it when I convert the red dragon(s) at the arival of D20 Deadlands).

Welcome aboard, fellow Marshal!

> Anyway, I have a few simple questions:
>
> 1. A player drew two jokers during character creation. Do I draw twice on
> the mysterious background table.

Yep.

> 2. I am sure I read it somewhere, but it's a while since I went through the
> rules and I can't remember, how do you raise aptitudes above the normal
> limit of 5, and I assume you can do this to hexes to.

Raising aptitudes above level five costs twice the number of Bounty Points. It's
in your Player's Handbook under Improvin' -Expert Aptitudes.

So six dice would cost you twelve points, etc.

> POSSIBLY SLIGHTLY SMALL SPOILER UP AHEAD:
>

> 3. In the Marshal's Handbook page 22. Under that's a lot of grit it says:
> "A hero can never have more than 5 points of grit"  While in the Huckster
> and Hexes book. Page 108.Under the second headline. Second paragraph below
> that. Line 7 in that paragraph. Xxx don't usually bother with heroes with
> less than 10 grit. What have I missed.

Revised rules state that no player can have more than five points o' grit. I'd
say ignore that line in H&H.

> BTW! How often should I give the players grit and legend chips?

Well, in our posse we get a point of grit after defeating an abomination
(although once we reach three or four points it gets harder to get grit -little
abominations don't count anymore).

Legend Chips should be rare kernels in your game: award them at the end of a
story arc if and only if your heroes have scored a major victory against the
Reckoners. That's just MHO, of course.

Daphné
--
"That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to
being eaten."

The Posse With No Name: http://pages.infinit.net/deadland/