Re: [DL] Cattle Barons - Marshal looking for help

>Was, I was thinking there needs to be more Cow-based
>abominations ... minotaurs, were-bulls, cow-gloms,
>possessed cow-pies, etc ... but I'm still trying to
>keep the first session as more of a weird mystery type
>than horror.  I'll let everyone know how it goes next
>week.

Well, these are not abomination -yet.

You could have a clue that some people feed dead cows to living ones, like
people finding cows squelettons, and no corresponding meat. Later, some cows
will begin to behave strangely. Just keep the idea as a following part to
yoiur first sessions.

Feeding meet to cows was an experiment, and now some cows begin to attack
and bite others. At the beginning, there will be some wounded cows, and the
character could recognise bites, and perhaps, that the bite is not from a
classic carnivorous animal. Later, when they can see a cow attacking another
one.

In the end, they could have to find a way to separate normal cows from mad
cows, and find out that the ones living in a specific area become
aggressive. But if the ranch is big (even 10 mile x 10 miles), it might take
some time to find the experimenting guy, if he's still alive.

At least, I'll try to see if this idea works with my players.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name