Re: [DL] New Email Address

> In order to prevent problems of HTML formatting on my end, I am switching
> email addresses from my previously used aol account to this one.  I did
not
> realize that AOL 6.0 automatically formatted text into HTML.  I would like
> to formally apologize to those for whome I have caused difficulty.

Thank you for your consideration, kind sir.  As my former assistant debate
coach used to say, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

> Blaze of Glory (5 point Hindrance)
> You may want to die, you may not, either way, its gonna happen and you
know
> it. The only thing you can do is try to make sure that you do it being
> heroic. You don't know when it will happen or how, the only thing you know
> is that old age is not something you will live to see.  Before every game
> session the marshal secretly draws one card for every Grit your character
> has plus one additional card.  The upside to this is that if you live long
> enough you may make a name for yourself before dying. The bad side is that
> the more heroic you get, the more likely you are to die. This ain't the
> Reckoner's fault, its just one of them things attributed to fate. Your
> character may draw for harrowed with one exception. He must draw one card
> less than his total Grit. That's the down side of dying a hero's death.
Make it count, son, you might only get
> one chance.

I like this.  It makes a great potential Mysterious Past or VotWW draw.  You
might say, though, that you can't take it AND Death Wish, since the player
could just incorporate the Death Wish into Blaze of Glory.  Also, how would
one award chips for it?  It wouldn't really inconvenience the character
until after they're dead, and it's not something one can roleplay.  Still, I
do like it.  It is definitely interesting.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times