[DL] Apache questions

Greetings all,

Just a quick question for those in the know...

I'm taking time off from Marshaling to play for a bit.  I'm intending on
running an Apache Shaman, but am curious as to what the Apaches preferred
for weapons of war?  I assumed the use of a rifle (a Tyler T.) and perhaps
a good knife, but what else?

As a shaman, does he really need to worry about using modern weapons? The
veritable avalanche of information spanning at least three books doesn't
really clear up this particular issue for me.

Also, I've gone dry on ideas for a cursed weapon and would like to ask if
anyone has a quick idea or suggestion for one...

Finally, a non sequitur: can anyone relate their experiences in using the
new rule for drawing a black/red joker from the action deck (i.e., getting
draw from the fate pot)?  Do you find it worthwhile? Unbalancing? A pain in
the tush?

Thanks in advance for all the help...

D.