SV: [DL] Apache questions

>I'm taking time off from Marshaling to play for a bit.  I'm intending on
>running an Apache Shaman, but am curious as to what the Apaches preferred
>for weapons of war?  I assumed the use of a rifle (a Tyler T.) and perhaps
>a good knife, but what else?

The Apaches prefered teh weapons of the white man. Winchesters, colts,
sharps etc. Knife was mandatory, off course. An Apache kid, boy or girl,
recived hi/hers first knife when he/she was 8, and that was not a knife for
just hunting. The Apaches trained all their children for war, but girls
hardly never became warriors, but they had the skills for it. They also used
bows, for silent kills, and warclubs. Tomahawks was not an Apache weapon,
but sometimes you could find anApache with an axe.

>As a shaman, does he really need to worry about using modern weapons? The
>veritable avalanche of information spanning at least three books doesn't
>really clear up this particular issue for me.

There is several types of Apache shamans. You have the warriorshaman, like
Geronimo, and you got the peacefull ones. Now, the warriorshamans lived for
war. They where feared amongs their enemies, white and red, and respected
among the warriors of his tribe, but often he could find himself unpopular
amongst the elders and the females of the tribe, since he often got all the
young men killed. He has no power in the tribe, that's the "earthly" shaman
who has, except if teh warriorshamaan is also chief. Like Geronimo became
after a while.

When it comes to weaponry, the warriorshaman uses all kinds of weapon, but
I'm not sure that goes for deadlands..... the peacefull and earthly shaman,
I would guess the same rules for shaman indeadlands apply. Improvise. I
always do when it comes to Apache, since they're all kind of special. My
warriorsshamaans get use whateever they want, but can only contact certain
kinds of spirits and for example, they will never get to heal anyone :)

Any more questions about the Apaches, just ask :)

Marshall Nightlight
Oslo, Norway