Re: [DL] A History of Executions

>From: "Matthew Hanson" <deviantsevant@msn.com>
>Of course, the difficulty here is the "portability" factor
>1) Not many cities have electric power in 1877

Edison's strategy was to convince everyone that AC current was unsafe
(because he had sunk all his money into DC batteries). To do this he hired
scientists to travel around with generaters and give public demonstrations
of this by electrocuting cats, dogs, and horses and even an Elephant with AC
current. So they had capable generaters they could port around by the
1880's. A tech leap of ten years when assisted by mad scientists is
possable.

(Then again, all of Westinghouses AC generaters at the time were designed by
Edison's former employee Tesla. And if anybody in history reads like a Mad
Scientist it's Tesla. So maybe without Tesla, it would have taken us even
longer to advance here in the 'real' world.)

Cheyenne

www.geocities.com/medmenham/index.html       -The Art of Cheyenne Wright
A Mind is like a Book. I'd rather have a dirty one,
than an empty one.   - Me