RE: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

Thank you for once again convincing me that d20 is a dumb-a$$ system.  I'd forgotten in teh last 24 hours.

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Ronald Conner marshalron@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:05:52 -0700
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

> At 11:28 PM 6/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>  >>My only reason for picking up Deadlands D20 is to convert Weird Wars
>  >>the Deadlands system.
>  >
>  >Well yeah, but as a friend pointed out to me, there's a way, at least in
>  >HOE, that allows you to get away with running anything you damned well
>  >please,making the d20 book very valueble by cutting the down time in
rule
>  >translations and whatnot....Ever hear of "The Wizards's Tower"? Thanks
>  >the conversion book, I can quickly snag or borrow those really nasty
>  >"Quick-better-hand-me-another-character-sheet" Dungeon Crawls, like the
Tomb
>  >of Horrors and then terrorise my posse with em!
>  >
>  >Either that or just seeing El Ravager and Knuckles try their darndest to
>  >knock off with their crossbows and Hackmaster +12s good ol Stone....now
that
>  >might be some pretty good amusement.

Just for my own self gratification.  I am currently playing an 11th level
gunslinger 4th level ghostwalker in my friend's D&D campaign.

For those intrested I use two six-shooters, 1d10 damage X3 crit, 17-20
threat range. and one rifle 1d12 damange x3 crit, 15-20 threat range,

With my improved crit feat and keen edges cast on my rifle I crit on 3's.
Right now i'm working on the death blow feat so I can coup de grace as a
standard action.

Ron Conner
Sadistic marshal.