Re: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

> At 08:16 PM 6/13/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>  >So you condemn a system because of its players? Tell me of a system that
>  >does NOT have power gamers playing it? You are using an example of
someone
>  >who crosses over rules sets from another system, making a HUGE
imbalance,
>  >and then say the system is stupid?
>
> Oh believe me - there's PLENTY to mock the D20 system for without having
> start in on the munchkins.
>
> Like the fact that the D20 system itself is designed to enhance
munchkinism
> play.  :)

Like I always say, D&D has been the choice of the new munchkin generation.
Lite enough for people that can't handle the intense math of gurps but
cheesy enough to satisfy people who want to be able to polymorph into a
solar at will.

It's the perfect starter fantasy system.

Now I know Deadlands will bring a totally different perspective to the
system, it always has.  But crossing guns into the fantasy setting is not
all that unheard of, there are stats for pistols in the DMG and there has
always been stats for guns in the planscape/ spelljamming books.

The characters are balanced for what they can do level wise and the ammount
of variation allowed by prestiege classes is great for when you don't want
to be just another human fighter.  Personally if anyone has read the
Ghostwalker character class, You can't NOT want to play a gunslinger with
it.  It's the story of the man with no name put down in game stats, right
down to the feign death ability.  I'm enjoying every minute of my play, and
if my GM would allow it I'd have made a huckster, he just doesn't want to
try and deal with deadlands style magic in his campaign.

I'm going to get the new D20 deadlands book right away if for no other
reason than to make really annoying D&D characters.  Coup de Grace I love ya
baby.

Ron conner