[DL] What's a death spiral? -- was: deadlands D20 (barely)

Dancing gingerly around the D20 subject, I am curious as to what this "Death
Spiral" is that claimed the life of your extra.  I've not run into anything
of the sort, I don't think.  And I'd rather be informed and fore-warned so
as to avoid one.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang