RE: [DL] What's a death spiral? -- was: deadlands D20 (barely)

--- Seanchai <Seanchai@compuserve.com> wrote:
> >>I was envisioning something more dastardly than
> the effects of wound
> penalties.<<
>
>    It is dastardly. I can't remember the specifics
> of the check, but within
> the space of a couple of rounds the NPC had to
> succeed at a check with
> something like a -11 to his rolls. Since he was
> using a d8, it would have
> been very difficult to do so. So he didn't get to
> act, thus incurred more
> and more penalties.

As far as I play, all NPCs are disposable.  If there
comes a time when the NPCs become more important than
the players, are the players really needed?

Sorry, been soured by too many GMs who make munchkin
NPCs (or as they see it, their PCs), and the whole
game becomes a moot exercise in the GM stroking him
own ego.

-Munch "Not saying it's your case, sounds like you
were doing stun checks and added up ALL wound
modifiers ... which is a no-no" Wolf