RE: [DL] What's a death spiral? -- was: deadlands D20 (barely)

>>As far as I play, all NPCs are disposable.  If there comes a time when
the NPCs become more important than the players, are the players really
needed?<<

   The PCs killed Michael. He obviously got no special treatment from me.
   My beef with the whole situation is that it's like...I think it's
like...two low level D&D characters killing a dragon. It's not something
that ought to happen, even with deadly combat systems. It could be that we
missed up (I say "we" because the group took a look at the rules after it
happened and decided we'd done everything correctly), but I think it's just
a death spiral in the rules. What bugs me about this death spiral is that
its not something I spotted when creating the character and thinking about
how the scenario would run.

             Seanchai

"Modesty is the conscience of the body." - Honore de Balzac