Re: [DL] List of Names (was: cattle stuff)

 >Way back when I used to actually *run* DL I would have the local phone book
 >open beside my chair.  Very handy for coming up with names off the cuff.
 >Especially given the propensity of "traditional" names prevalent here in
 >Missouri.

If I had time to prep, I liked searching online databases/postings of Civil
War unit rosters.  Aside from the lack of female names, that was a pretty
good way to pick up regional names - especially since a lot of names have
gone out of style.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better,
on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in
Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than
sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke