Re: [DL] A real verdict imposed in a real weird west!

>    That's wild, but I think my favorite verdict was to
> Alfred Packer (the cannibal), when the judge said
> "Damn you Alfred Packer, there are only 6 democrats in
> this county and you done ate 5 of them!"

It's actually Alferd, not Alfred, and in Trey parker and Matt Stone's
Cannibal! the Musical (available from the fine folks at Troma, who brought
you The Toxic Avenger and Sgt. Kabukiman, NPYD) features Trey's dad reciting
the actual sentencing.  I highly recommend the songs Shpadoinkle Day and
Hang the Bastard, along with Let's Build a Snowman.  It really is a funny
movie (as you'd expect from the people who made it), and I'd recommend
picking up the DVD.  you can order it directly from Troma, and I think their
$5 movie sale is still going on (until July 8, I think).  You just have to
order over the phone.  If you're a Troma fan, you may as well order some of
your favorites, because Cannibal is definitely well worth it, especially if
you plan on running a comedy session to break up the tension of regular
sessions- that way you can make them even MORE tense the next time!  Their
sale's $5 for either a DVD or VHS copy, though I HIGHLY recommend picking up
the DVDs at these prices even if you don't have a player yet, because the
director's track of Cannibal is HILARIOUS.  They polish off a bottle of
Scotch between 5 guys less than halfway through the movie!  They then decide
to take an... *herbalistic* break.  Just let me know if anyone wants the
phone number.  I'm pretty sure you can also find it at http://www.troma.com
.

Damn, that turned out to be one Hell of a marketing pitch, didn't it?
Seriously, though, if you like South Park, BASEketball, or Orgazmo, get
Cannibal the Musical.  You'll laugh many parts of yourself off :) .

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times