Re: [DL] A few questions about Austin Stoker...

> It's late and I'm tired, so this is the short form:

I'm not, and here's a slightly longer one...

> | what exactly is his story?
>
> Too long to repeat right now.

Stoker vs Knicknevin(Abridged Version)

Gettysberg, Reckoning, Stoker's CSA regiment sucked
into Hunting Grounds.  Knicknevin (big manitou) finds
them, tricks Stoker into giving it his soul, then
stiffs him and eats his men.  Stoker bails with most
of his soul intact.
**Sun rises/sets.  Repeat.**
Stoker goes to Gomorra, helps crank up Fear level to
create a Deadland.  Success, gateway to hell,
Knicknevin pops out.
**Carnage transpires until...**
Stoker, Nate Hunter, Blackjack and some redshirts get
to Knicknevin after it's beaten up everything else.
Stoker and Knicknevin commence whuppin'.
**Whuppage**
Stoker shoots the unconcious Ghost with a Plot Device.
 His manitou escapes and tears Knicknevin a new one.
It vanishes, the Ghost vanishes, Stoker vanishes.

The End, roll credits and a new story arc.

> | where could I read it?

The full version is here, titled "A Wilderness of
Tigers":-

 www.gamesmeister.com/doomtown/index).

> | does he have any special powers?

He's got some harrowed powers, has a chunk of
Knicknevin's soul, his Saber (a Relic) and the Holy
Wheel Gun (another Relic).  He had the bullet that
killed Lincoln, but lost it when he shot the Ghost
with it (again).

Cheers,
Steve "back again" Wallace