Re: [DL] Web-Interface DL character gen idea

> I think a really good interface to a character generator would be a
> web-interface using php/mySQL technology. You could do it all online
> (securely), store characters, then view the sheet in html for easy
> reference and printing. What's more - the database could be kept up to
date
> by a group of admins who have access rights.
>
> now THAT would be tres cool  !

Yes, that it definitely would- however, doesn't mySQL require some expensive
software?  I'm thinking that once it's developed it would be either hosted
on PEG's site or on the site of The Project, neither of which would be able
to afford any sort of expensive software.  That's my only worry when it
comes to an online generator.  I think it's an excellent idea (which I'd
like to see implemented for those not running Windows), but it just has that
one obstacle in its path.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times