Re: [DL] New Harrowed powers (spoilers)

> > Hindrance:  Memento (1-5):  This is an item greatly
> > valued in life which holds significance over the
> > harrowed in death.  Without the item the harrowed
> > takes non-healable wind damage until the item is
> > returned.  When the harrowed wind reaches 0 he becomes
> > a lifeless corpse until the item is returned, at which
> > point he heals wind normally.  Note he still will take
> > damage from normal otherwise and dies by a maim head
> > shot.  Talk with the Marshal for what would be an
> > acceptable item and wind loss amount.  For the
> > Marshals, consider how accessible the item is, can it
> > be hidden in a pocket?  Or can anyone just grab the
> > item?  How obvious is it that the item holds
> > significants for the harrowed?
>
> I don't know, man, this one's a little harsh.  In the boots example you gave
> I'd say perhaps 1 Wind per hour instead of per round.  Would you be able to
> get the Wind back with Fate Chips?

Of all the suggested new powers (which were really good ideas!), this one bothered me. Losing Wind due to a lost item seems really harsh, whether it's one per round or one per hour. How about something a little less fatal, like the Harrowed being unable to heal normally (or at least, having to use Fate Chips to heal) until getting the item back. This would make the Harrowed VERY careful if and when he misplaces the Memento in question, as he is suddenly VERY vulnerable to harm.

Derek D. Bass
--

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup