Career options for Harrowed [Was [DL] Corruption]

> > <Spoiler Potential> (still here for my post)
> >
> All good points to be sure, but unfortunately there
> are examples of where each character exists in the
> DL Cannon.

Very true. I just don't like half of them. I'd make
the concept very rare. Not something that could be
duplicated easily.

> There are Harrowed Powers that specifically deal
> with Hucksters and MS interacting w/ their Manitou.
> Not to mention the fact that neither suffers
> backlash if the manitou has hopped into the driver's
> seat.

Depends on how the Marshall is running the Manitou in
charge. Sometimes the beasty wants its host to fail to
weaken their will and ultimately lose control. To me
it's a matter of circumstance and deed. What's going
on and what is the character trying to do about it. If
you're in the middle of lowering the fear level of a
place, I could see the manitou vetoing the action if
they could get away with it. I give the resident
Manitou goals, drives, an intelligence to work its own
deeds behind the scene. This is a hold over mostly
from Wraith but it does keep Players on their toes to
not get complacent.

> And (funnily enough) there is in the WW / DL
> crossover a Harrowed Lycanthrope.

Yes. Not an idea I personally agree with but that's
just me.

In WW adventures there's a Werewolf who gets vamped,
and then gains magical abilities, and a dead funky
item. The adventure was essentially "Death Train" but
with fewer chances of survival and a whole lot more
hurting to be had by all.

> Now that does not mean that a Marshall has to let
> that go on in his game!

I couldn't agree more.

On another tangent, for Marshall's all hot and heavy
for Harrowed I'd suggest they pick up a copy of
"Risen" from White Wolf games. While the terminology
would be more than a little strange the ideas within
could be helpful. Especially the balance between
Manitou and character. Ideas raised recently
concerning fetters for the Harrowed based on physical
items are explained with examples given. Worth a read
I'd say.

Cheers,
Mr. B.