[DL] code announcement [SHANE]

O.K., I figured I'd tell the list rather than try to use the DLCGP Yahoo!
group's email function a THIRD time.

This paragraph is for people who want to be part of the DLCGP.  The DLCG
version 1.5 source code is available on the DLCGP website at
http://www.thebrogue.com/dlcgp .  If you want to hack, or even just work on
the database, email James McCarthy (jim@thebrogue.com) to get the password.
We've protected it simply so we know who's doing what and so Jim can advise
people of The Brogue's usage guidelines (it's really just a formality).  As
for the site design, please bear with me as I play with it a bit to try to
get it to look good.  There are a lot of things I'm trying to do at once
right now, so I'm still working on it.  I'll link to the forum as soon as
Jim gets it working.

Now, Shane, should we include Cyborgs in the character generator, since all
of the stats for Cyborg equipment are relevant to the generation? I'd
imagine we'd have to display it all for players so they can make informed
choices (just so they don't find out that they've wildly overspent or that
their total Drain vastly oustrips their power capability), so it's something
that's bugging me.

To the end users (or "players", if you prefer ), if we DO end up putting the
cyborg material in, do you think it would be better to integrate it into the
regular generator or make a standalone generator for Cyborgs because the
process is so much more involved?

Thank you all in advance for your input.  After all, you can't just have the
programmers deciding what goes in, now can you :) ?

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times