Re: [DL] old ladies

My Marshal's Sense tells me that your Posse doesn't look before they leap
and probably take the words "little old" coming out of your mouth as their
signal to attack.
Let's see, Queen Victoria would be 58 in 1877, and if on a good will tour of
the South, would be under heavy guard, owing to several attempts on her life
during this time.  Her personal guard would likely be bolstered by
Confederate Troops and possibly even Texas Rangers.  Such a tour would also
be heavily publicized, meaning reporters and photographers on the scene to
give complete details of the assassins.
In the unlikely event of the Posse surviving their attempt, the government
would be quick to point the blame at Union terrorists.  They may be heroes
up north for about as long as it takes the government to realize that they
didn't sanction the hit.  Memories of Lincoln are likely to make them
unpopular and leave them without friends on either side of the border, and
I'm pretty sure they won't find themselves welcome in other countries with
something like "creating an international incident" on their resumes.
In any event, they should end up with one or more sizeable bounties on their
heads.  Let's see them even get to town to attack little old ladies after
that.

OMNIS VESTER PRAESIDIUM ESSE NOS SUNT,
Dr.X