Re: [DL] Dealing with ornery posses

Our Marshal up until now has had a great deal of success using Ridicule. It's a
skill many tend to overlook during character creation, and since you can only
counter Ridicule with Ridicule, we got our backsides handed to us a couple of
times.

It's a good skill to give your minor villains, since they're unlikely to overawe
a posse with any grit at all. Players with a little experience know enough to
put points into Guts and Edges like Brave and so forth, but Ridicule as I said
is highly undervalued.

As for little old ladies, give your biddies an Edge or two that won't let them
be killed or knocked unconscious outright, and then have them run away down the
street screaming bloody murder. How much you want to bet upstanding citizens
won't tolerate the posse molesting an elderly lady?

Daphné
--
When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a very small package.
                                -John Ruskin