RE: [DL] Ghost weed all the details

Ok, so here it is.

Also, while I know my music comment to get at SeanMike may have been smarmy,
my posts are not all that way. After all I am a Lt.Col in President Davis'
Nightwathers. (That's right Sandor, I outrank you!)

Also a few notes:  I was using the town name of New Jerusalem before the
Cthulhu cross over was printed. I was completely surprised to see the
fictional town that I had always used for all my writing in use in
deadlands. My plan is to change the town name in the adventure later.  You
can really just place the stuff anywhere you would like as a marshal.

Finally, this has not been edited so excuse the poor grammar, typos,
misspellings etc. Its just a part of a work in progress.

-=SPOILERS=-

GHOST WEED:
   New Jerusalem is the first town to be effected by the Reckoner's newest
creation Ghost Weed.  This foul plant grows in only the most desolate and
remote of locations where no other living thing can normally be found. It
actually feeds off very small deposits of Ghost Rock. Travelers who stumble
upon Ghost Weed and manage to escape its allure tend to find that they are
not wont to talk about it.  However, there is always some poor fool will be
lured by the demons that dwell within the sickly green flame the grass emits
when it is burned. These demons create a hankerin' for the smell of the
smoke in the victim and the victim will take to smoking the weed as a
tobacco as often as they can.  As the addiction advances the victim's
hankerin' for the substance grows as well, until they take to chewing on the
plant. Luckily, advanced stages of the addiction have obvious signs as the
victim's teeth grow a green moldy fuzz caused by the juices of gnawing the
grass between ones teeth.  Once this occurs its not long before the end and
you better take to looking for a blessed to perform "Last Rites" on the
grave. Because, you see, when an addict of the Ghost Weed dies they ALWAYS
return from the grave with the Manitou in complete dominion.

   Ghost weed is a small wiry plant that grows only in places near ghost
rock, and even then only the most desolate of those locations. The remnants
of Stefan's big strike in combination with the desolate local of New
Jerusalem make it a prime area for the weed to grow and flourish. Once a
victim is captured by its allure it will addict them physically and mentally
to its secretions (hankerin' 5). An individual under the effects of Ghost
weed will often gain random Harrowed power chosen by the Marshal for the
duration of its effect. A single use of ghost week will leave the user in
the euphoric state for 1d4 hours. It provides a euphoric state that leaves
the user more open to possession by Manitou, thus the gained random harrowed
power. Each time an addict take a dose of Ghost Weed have them make a
contested vigor check. The marshal should draw one random card from the deck
and use the result for the weeds vigor. Jokers automatically cause an
overdose. Should they fail the check they overdose on the weed, Unless saved
by a doctor on a medicine roll (TN:11) they die and return as harrowed with
the Manitou in full dominion within a few days.

 Weed Addiction can be cured using the miracles Panacea (TN: 11) and Solace
(TN: 13) to remove both the effects of the plant and the desire to use more.

New Flaw
 Hankerin' Level 5 (Chronic): Subtract -8 from Mental Skills and -4 from
Corporeal Skills if the substance is not available every day. If the victim
has access to a daily dose of this substance they will still suffer a
negative -2 penalty to all Aptitude tests. And a negative -6 penalty to
contested Spirit Trait Tests. Only the most extreme of narcotics can qualify
as level 5 Hankerin' substance.