RE: [DL] Character development & background (was: That Character just ain' t right)

>There is even more detail to go into but this is sufficient to demonstrate
>our backgrounds and how the DM makes use of them to motivate us and move us
>along the plotline he's developed.  I hope to get the notes I keep up on
the
>web and can forward the URL to anyone interested.

As a player, I tend to try to add little pieces of flavor to a character
that the GM can exploit if they like.

I feel this does two things:
1.  It doesn't force the GM to manufacture too many extraneous details about
*my* character to try to motivate me
2.  Having spent time on the GM side, I know that little tidbits like this
help the GM out.

Patrick