Re: That Character just ain't right - was [DL] Looking for random help

> I'm just the opposite, really.  It doesn't matter to
> me what a character says he's already done, what
> matters is what he's going to do now.  Of course, past
> events help drive those decisions, but I don't think a
> character (especially a new one) should care more
> about what they've already been through OUT of game to
> the point where it cause irrational or just plain
> stupid decisions IN game.

    I suppose it also depends on the person, but I think a player will have
a much better idea how a character will react to any given situation if they
have some sort of idea of how the character became the way they are.
Otherwise, they're making decisions based off their motivations, as opposed
to their character's.  If I'm playing a character I want him to react like
he would, not like _I_ would.  (ie. shooting back, not cowering in fear ;-)