Re: That Character just ain't right - was [DL] Looking for random help

--- J Tolle <jwtolle@altavista.com> wrote:
> You know - I never really thought about it, but you
> are right about the inverse relationship between
> character personality and character power.

And it's very true.  Think about it - a mage had to
become a mage somehow, and in most fantasy settings
has to devote the entirety of his life to pursuing his
craft.  That includes experience.  While a "I'm just a
sword carrier" can have come from a long line of
warriors, or was just some porr village schmuck they
handed a sword and told to defend his village.  Lots
more, in my opinion, variation.

And the best, and longest lived character in our
DeadLands campaign started with a cool name and an
accent - that's IT.  Now he's the driving force behind
the entire posse.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory