Re: [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts.

I think it's perfectly effective.  If you used the split as an excuse to
act like an ass because you knew no one could yell at you for it, then
it's bad, but even when the word's "unofficial," it's never degrading or
rude, so there hasn't been a problem I've seen.  The issue of being
confused between the two addresses is only a problem if you like to read
your mail with your eyes closed.  If they don't notice the different name
or address, they'll usually notice the mile-long signature.  Maybe a
newbie to the list could get confused, though, not knowing what the
"deputy" tag means.
That said, I do understand how some people might've gotten miffed at your
participation in the "me too" thread.  Given that the guidelines of the
list pretty much directly say not to do that, and that we understand that
it's just a different address and not a split personality, those that
were already mad about the non-content might get even more so.
Personally, I'm never shy with my Delete key, but if I was on the digest,
things might be different.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:20:24 -0600 "Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth"
<moderator@darious.com> writes:
> Has splitting the moderator and personal posts been effective?
> The original idea between keeping the two types of posts separate
> was to  allow folks to disagree with my posts without having to worry
about
> torque'ing off the moderator. It also gives me a trigger to take
> extra time  to think about anything I post as the moderator before I
hit send.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A. Ranallo

". . ."   -Ryu Hayabusa