Re: [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts.

--- Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth <moderator@darious.com> wrote:
> Has splitting the moderator and personal posts been effective?

In the years that I've been on the list (in lurk-mode mostly) I would
say that yes, it has worked nicely.

> The original idea between keeping the two types of posts separate was
> allow folks to disagree with my posts without having to worry about
> torque'ing off the moderator. It also gives me a trigger to take
> extra time
> to think about anything I post as the moderator before I hit send.

A good idea which I wish were followed on some other lists that I won't
mention by name.

> Has this worked, or would the majority of the lists prefer that I
> combine
> everything for simplicity?

Simplicity?  Um... if you're post has the mile-long signature line at
the bottom explaining the rules of the listservs then it's coming from
Mr. Official Moderator.  If it doesn't, then it ain't.  How more simple
can it really get?

-Bryce "segregate them posts!" Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files