Re: [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts.

First off Allan, Thanks for allowing us to answer this one since it seems
the intent of the criticism spoke as a voice from the whole list.  Problem
is he didn't even take a consensus before spouting off.  Ok, here's my take
on it.

>Has splitting the moderator and personal posts been effective?

I don't really find that it matters either way from my perspective, you are
Allan Seyberth either way.

>The original idea between keeping the two types of posts separate was
>toallow folks to disagree with my posts without having to worry >about
>torque'ing off the moderator.

Again, either Allan gets toqued off or not, moderator or not your initil gut
reactions are the same.

>It also gives me a trigger to take extra time to think about anything I
> >post as the moderator before I hit send.

Now you see, this point I think is an excellent one.  instead of simply
hitting reply you have to evaluate whether it is worth signing onto another
e-mail address first.  i think cooling off periods are great when people get
upset.  Perspective is a wonderful thing, as is the freedom to express our
individual opinions.

>Has this worked, or would the majority of the lists prefer that I >combine
>everything for simplicity?

Again, it doesn't make much difference to me now. That said, you having two
email accounts is the only experience I have.  My theory, "if it ain't broke
don't call a mad scientist or a tinker gnome to try and fix it.  It'll only
screw things up worse."  (Nothing personl to you MS PC's out there.)<insert
sheepish grin>

>And - if anyone feels that I have failed to keep the two adequately
>separate, feel free to drop me a line anytime, of if that makes you
>uncomfortable, you can always contact Afterburner at Afterburner@erols.com.

Thanks for reminding us how to take care of issues Allan.  I think you do a
great job of being the moderator and have not really seen you abuse the
position.  If you having two emails is what has been working and it makes
you feel comfortable then I say keep it.

There, that's my opinion.  Thanks for giving me an opportunity to express
it.

Walter "What's all the fuss about?" Carmichael