RE: [DL] Allan's ability to have 2 emails

At 11:43 AM 7/16/2001, Seanchi wrote:
>Threads about how silly D&D is, about blue dice, and about me too messages
>are allowed to run for days.

         I'm not trying to get in the middle of this particular exchange,
but IMHO(and writing just as a Listserver fan, here) I agree with Seanchi
that the off-topic posts have been running for way too long of late.
         To be sure, I'm not trying to slam Allan or the job he does as
moderator. (I'm sure he knows I'd have said something by now had that been
my aim.) However, in the future I'd like to see the blue dice, "D&D
SUCKS!", Harrowed chipmunks, and Death Star threads killed quickly (if not
immediately) by those responsible or--if need be--by the Deputy.
         Please allow me to clarify: I have no problem with off-topic
*replies*, and I'm as guilty as anyone else here of producing them.
However, if this is to remain a *Deadlands* listserver, let's avoid
off-topic *threads*. Example: want to discuss stem cell research? Great,
just don't post it HERE. Want to post an OT reply to an already OT reply?
Go to private mail, please, amigo.
         Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that if you're
just dying to talk about blue dice again, there's the DL OT listserver,
where you can bring that up, or cannibalism, or whatever.

         On a related note: we REALLY need to avoid any more "D&D SUCKS!"
threads. Regardless of what you personally think of the system, the D20
fans are coming to this list, and soon. We do this list, PEG, and Deadlands
as a whole no favors if the first thing they see are posts bashing
something they consider worthy. If they don't quit immediately, they're
bound to respond, and who here really wants to welcome the newest DL fans
with a stupid flamewar about frickin' RPG rules systems?
         Please forgive my passion about these issues, but I really truly
want as many gamers as possible to find what a great collection of people
we have here on the Listserver, and what a valuable resource it can be,
regardless if they're using the PEG house system, D20 or GURPS.

         The above was just my two Confederate cents, and even if you
disagree with me, I appreciate y'all's kind attention to my concerns.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands and DC Universe RPG Lines
Southern by the Grace of God