[DL] Re: ethnic diversity

Not as bad, no, but I can see where it would happen.
One of the characters in the D&B Posse has taken
Fer'ner: Black, and while I've only had it cause a
problem once so far we've only played 2 1/2 games...

Here's my suggestion. Play it up when things get slow,
otherwise, keep it toned down. You have something many
Marshals would give a Los Diablos duster for, a
reasonable excuse to harass your players _for no
reason whatsoever_. Do they do something you didn't
expect and derail the adventure? Throw a lynch mob
after the Indian and Chinaman. Bring in a batch of
Texans who remember the Alamo. Use the time spent
during the combat encounter to figure out how to get
the adventure back on track.

Also, remember that non-violent racism is a great way
to keep the posse poor and ill-equipped. The General
Store doesn't have anything in their size, the stables
can't sell them horses because of "a horse sickness",
the bar stays completely quiet when they walk in and
all the rooms are mysteriously taken. Rewards posted
for bounty turn out to have been rescinded the day
before the posse brings them in.

(S
.
.
.
.
.
)

Alternately, make your main bad guys the Knights of
the Golden Circle (BE:tS), or some other white
supremacy group. Have the posse go about trying to
bring them down. I personally think racism feeds the
Reckoners as well as a good three-week stalking of
town, which means your posse's ideally situated to
fight them.

Just my double eagle,
Ivan

http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/DustAndBones/index.html