Re: [Re: [DL] Allan's ability to have 2 emails / et al]

Okay, I'll come out of lurker mode for this...

As I understand it Allan does this moderator thing without pay, because he
really loves this game.  I couldn't stand having to read every post the way
I'm sure he does, so I'm not inclined to judge his style too harshly.

That being said, the more Off Topic stuff that goes through the list, the more
inclined people are to generate stuff that's OT, makin it difficult to find
threads that are on topic.  Not that I don't find some of the off topic stuff
amusing,(harrowed chipmunks asside)but I never joined the OT list.  Now that
I've heard that on topic stuff is discussed on the OT list sometimes, I wonder
if maybe we don't need two lists?

I've never had any difficulty discerning the difference between Allan's
"deputy" and personal posts.  Why shouldn't he post personally if he want's
to?  It's the very least benefit he should be allowed to have, for the real
work that he has to do.
As for personal emails from him cussing you out, that's verra respectful.  He
could do it on list, to make an example of ya.

I'm on listserv for another rpg (that shall remain nameless) that hasn't got a
moderator -and the difference is astounding!  Perhaps it isn't just the lack
of moderation, perhaps you folks are just a bit more etiquette minded, but I
find that hard to believe.  On the whole I've got to say Allan does a fine
job, the evidence is in the lack of flame. And when the evidence is something
that's gone missin, it's hard to spot.

;)
Celia

A.K.A.

"Hah! I'm no longer just a cup of hot water waiting for that teaball of evil!
I've blown out the pyschic red lantern, I've closed the proverbial *pyschic
legs* so GET SNUFFED!  and then we'll talk."

Danielle (Cup o' Hot water) Morneau