RE: [DL] Allan's ability to have 2 emails [OT]

>>Allen has slapped me down in the past, and you know what? I didn't like
it, but I let it go.<<

   You know what? If he'd been justified in doing it, I'd let it go too.
Check out the thread. Check out his posts. Apparently he decided the best
policy was to find me guilty and hand down a flamey warning, replete with
"vulgarities," *before I'd actually broken any rules*.
   Consider: You're driving along, doing 50 in a 55 mph zone, and suddenly
there are flashing lights behind you. You pull over, the cop gets out, and
comes to the car. You: "What's the problem, officer. I wasn't speeding."
Cop: "Oh, I know, ****head. I've heard rumors that you speed a lot and I
noticed you're driving a red car. So I'm going to preemptively write you a
ticket for speeding. Don't like that? Well, too ****ing bad."
   Tell me that if something like this happened to you that you wouldn't be
seriously pissed. For a long time. Tell me you wouldn't complain. Tell me
you wouldn't let your friends (and everyone else) know what the cops in the
area are like.
   I feel damned confident that an average person would do at least some of
those things.
   Am I doing them? You bet.

>>If you don't like the way the list is run, leaving is always an option.<<

   It is. And I've left one list already because of its moderator. If
things get as bad as they were on the other list, I'll go - and tell every
D20 player I can find - hell, every gamer - about what a wonderful resource
this list is and about how customer conscious Pinnacle is. It may not do
much good - until they get on the list and see the moderator mocking (and
thereby encouraging others to mock) D20...

>>The problem is, I'd never be in your shoes.<<

   Having a taste of what the moderator's judgement is like, I wouldn't be
too sure of that.

              Seanchai

"Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and
telescope." - Theodore Roszak