RE: [DL] Question about the GenCon Dinner [OT?]

<snip>
> >I sense bitterness.
> >No, unlike the Origins dinners, I actually eat at the
<snip>
> >this year, Sandy :)
> >GG
>
> No bitterness, just a gaping hole in my wallet.
>
> As I make abundantly clear *EVERY* year, I personally put up
> $25 per person to the restaurant before the dinner begins to
> purchase the food and use of the room.
>
> If you RSVP for dinner (which you did), I pay $25/dinner to
> the restaurant and you normally pay me back at the door when
> you show up.

This is just Not Cool(tm).  And given that the first year he set up the
Origins listserv dinner, when the price unexpectedly jumped from the
initially reported $20 per plate to $25 that he offered to cover anyone who
would be unable to attend due to the increase ...

This is just not the way to behave.

Okay I can't say any more because my dear departed mother wouldn't approve
of my language (as well as being Off Topic and this new list crowd seems
less tolerant of that).

Jim "that's not cool"

Jim Heivilin, System Administrator,
Open Systems, IAT Services,